Hawk-Eye Baseball Product Manager
Division: product management
Type of the job: full time
Site: USA, Atlanta
workplace type: on site
A Day in the Life of a Sports Product Manager
As a Baseball Product Manager at Hawk-Eye Innovations, you will be part of a team focused on global baseball opportunities, both now and in the future, combining business development with the leadership of client-led innovation across the sport.
You will work closely with MLB clients and the baseball team to identify solutions that will meet their strategies from a technical perspective; Investigate and understand baseball’s current opportunities, identify where current solutions meet demand, and create a long-term vision for baseball in line with Hawk-Eye’s business strategy.
Internally, you will work closely with Product Squads to bring together expertise for baseball solutions, sales and commercial teams to research the market and compete, and form a strategic roadmap to ensure we pursue the most valuable opportunities for our customers and business. In addition, you will work with product platform managers to recommend and roll out existing solutions to ensure business continuity.
For priority initiatives, you will work in collaboration with Product and Enetting Squads to think and find solutions in an iterative and agile environment, to deliver value faster and ensure continuous learning and improvement.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the solution meets demand and continues to monitor and develop the solution over its life, providing an invaluable link between the customer and central product teams
- Partnership with top global sports chiefs to lead technology responsibility within baseball; Ensuring Hawk-Eye remains a global leader in sports innovation
- Understand customer strategies to identify technology opportunities in baseball
- Co-create the global baseball roadmap with major leagues and clients, analyze their needs and align the baseball roadmap with strategic goals
- Co-create story maps with product teams to frequently develop new solutions
- Serve as the voice of the user, customer and business objectives
- Provide context and collaborate closely with one or several cross-functional teams of product managers, delivery managers, engineers and designers to identify, build and deliver high-value products
- Support ownership of strategic product roadmaps, ensuring there is an ongoing dialogue internally to agree on priorities
- Engage with sales teams/regional managers to understand the opportunities that arise from customer relationships
- Find new applications for current technology in baseball
- Work with product owners to provide existing solutions to meet customer demand
- Conduct primary and secondary research to develop ideas and topics and identify areas of opportunity
- Create initiatives (projects) that clarify the product and market narrative
- Writing strategy, objectives, key results and monitoring data to help make business decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders while developing the vision, thinking and concept for the product
- Recognize all cultural differences across baseball and regions, and build customer solutions that meet their strategic needs in a robust and culturally sensitive way
- Responsible for ensuring that the solution meets the requirements (UAT)
- By driving regional and global solutions and serving as Personal Head of Baseball Innovation and Ideas Across the Business
- Communicates value and business feasibility risks
- Work at the portfolio level
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A deep understanding of baseball including daily operational needs, performance, and future growth opportunities
- 2-3 years in a Product Manager role to manage all phases of the digital product lifecycle with relevant stakeholder management experience;
- experience working with technically complex products;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve common goals;
- Determining minimum marketable features and minimum valid products;
- Experience with writing requirements and admission criteria.
- Internal communication and client handling skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- stakeholder management and leadership;
- Product roadmap definition experience;
- Understand the techniques used in the products that have been worked on.
Good to have (but doesn’t spoil the deal):
- Experience working with product creation and delivery within a business environment;
- Experience working on products that combine software and hardware.
Our Product Team
As a Baseball Product Manager, you will be part of a larger product team consisting of experienced product managers, product engineers, delivery managers, and UX/UI specialists, all reporting to the Product Manager.
Our product team culture
Our product division at Hawk-Eye is built on a culture shaped by openness and honesty, combined with a desire to push the boundaries of technology and innovation. We are collaborative but also run independently, focused on providing global opportunities for any given sport. Our work and output are challenging and we thrive in a world that is constantly changing and evolving. We are flexible and strive to achieve the highest levels of quality in everything we do. As a team, we are constantly learning, challenging and pushing ourselves.
At Hawk-Eye Innovations, we continue to push the boundaries of innovation in the global sports industry. As part of our team, you will work closely with exceptional people and the latest products that we have built in-house along with user-focused solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hawk-Eye is an equal opportunity employer and therefore makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability or union membership status.
About Eagle Eye Innovations
About the eye of the eagle
Hawk-Eye innovations have been at the forefront of sports management technology and broadcast enhancement since 2001. The world’s largest sporting events trust Hawk-Eye to make the right call when it matters most.
Hawk-Eye vision processing, video replay and creative graphics technologies make the sport fairer, safer, more engaging and better informed. Our innovations are constantly changing the face of sports management, production, content management, and fan engagement in every sport.
Hawk-Eye Innovations forms a major part of the Sony Sports Innovations Group with a shared mission to bring the best in management, broadcasting and digital solutions to the world of sports.
At Hawk-Eye Innovations, our three core values underpin our success, ensuring that we continue to lead innovation in sports technology on a global scale. Our business is filled with exceptional talent who helps ensure that the world’s largest sporting events trust us to make the right call when it matters most. We provide this by guaranteeing the following:
We are brave
Confident in solving almost impossible problems, pioneering and ambitious for our clients and ourselves. We are bold pioneers in the industry, driven by possibilities and striving with pace and energy. We understand our risks and love the challenge.
We are the owners
Our work is ours; We feel every win, especially the losses. We pride ourselves on excellence and relentlessly trust ourselves to do what’s right. We make decisions like owners, with pursuit and entrepreneurship. We are serious about what we do, and have fun while doing it.
We are all inclusive
We are one team. An open and connected community. No secrets, no politics, just honesty and respect. We value diverse thinking and diverse people – this helps us innovate. We treat people as people, they are all integral to our success and we celebrate as one.
Diversity and inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We celebrate the differences. We encourage hearing different opinions and approaches, then come together and build.
Our response to COVID 19
During this time, the Hawk-Eye team operates in a hybrid fashion for all of our head office roles. Our operational teams are on-site, pioneering and inspiring sporting change every day!
Head office teams
We currently operate through a combination of in-person interactions (usually two days a week) and remote activity.
Our operational teams work on site to ensure that we are able to provide the highest level of service to our customers. We take current guidance very seriously and ensure that the health, safety and well-being of our employees are of the highest standard.
To apply, please follow this link.
The content in this post was created and provided solely by Hawk-Eye Innovations.