The United Kingdom announced on Friday that Russian forces are taking up new defensive positions miles from the front lines.
British intelligence said that these new positions indicate that the Russian army is planning more withdrawals.
Russia may also attempt to redeploy forces that have withdrawn from Kherson to launch new offensives in other regions.
Britain’s Ministry of Defense has said that Russian forces are building new defensive positions miles away from the current front lines of the Ukrainian war, describing it as a sign that they may be planning further withdrawals in the face of Ukrainian advances.
Ukrainian forces last week entered The southern city of Kherson, after the defense minister of Russian President Vladimir Putin, A to retreat Across the Dnipro River (also called the Dnieper River). Kyiv’s capture of the city, which had been under Russian occupation since the early days of the war, followed Russian losses in the northeast and represented a crushing humiliation and defeat for Moscow.
on Fri Intelligence updateThe British Ministry of Defense said that after the withdrawal of Russian forces from Kherson, they gave priority to reorganizing, reorganizing and undertaking defense preparations across various areas of eastern and southern Ukraine still under the control of Putin’s occupying forces.
The ministry said that “the units have set up new trench systems near the borders of Crimea, as well as near the Seversky Donets River between Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts” in eastern Ukraine. Some of these sites are up to 60 km long [37.3 miles] behind the current frontline, suggesting that Russian planners are making preparations in the event of further major Ukrainian breakthroughs.”
Kyiv forces have made significant breakthroughs in recent months, launching counterattacks along the northeastern and southern fronts of the war. In doing so, they recaptured major cities like Kharkiv in the northeast and Kherson in the south and liberated thousands of square miles of territory across the region.
Britain’s Ministry of Defense has said Russia is likely to try to redeploy some forces that were part of the Kherson withdrawal to help support an offensive near Bakhmut, a city of more than 70,000 people in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region.
According to another evaluation According to the Washington-based Institute for the Study of War, Russian forces have continued to attack Bakhmut, though Ukrainian forces have so far managed to repel the attacks. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a statement Speech Last weekend, the Russian attacks in the Donetsk region turned it into “hell”.
“There are very brutal battles there every day. But our units defend themselves bravely, withstand the terrible pressure of the occupiers, and hold our defense lines. It is very important. Thanks to the strong defense there, in the Donetsk region, we can carry out offensive operations in other directions,” Zelensky said. “.
Amid these developments, tensions, already high since the start of the war, escalated this week after an explosion was reported in eastern Poland, just across the border with Ukraine, the first time Russia’s unprovoked war has spread to the territory of a NATO member.
The incident sparked consternation among some officials within the military alliance, as well as senior Ukrainian leaders such as Zelensky and Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba, who blamed the deadly blast on Russia. Western leaders, including NATO’s leadership, said the crash may in fact have been caused inadvertently by a Ukrainian surface-to-air missile that was defending the country against a massive Russian barrage of strikes earlier in the week.
“Our initial analysis indicates that the accident was most likely caused by a Ukrainian air defense missile launched to defend Ukrainian territory against Russian cruise missile attacks,” NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on Wednesday. He continued, “But let me be clear that this is not Ukraine’s fault. Russia bears ultimate responsibility as it continues its illegal war against Ukraine.”
Ukraine has so far rejected these assessments, insisting it be part of further investigations into the incident.
Read the original article at Business interested